Thursday, May 3, 2012

Free Shoes!




Being a single parent on a very tight budget I try to save money wherever I can.

I have never been a member of fly buys or similar loyalty programs as I feel that I do not spend enough money at these places to make it worth my while.

I get loyalty cards from the cafes I visit regularly to get a free coffee after every 5-10 I buy. This is very handy for weeks when money is a bit tight but I can still get a coffee at one of my favourite cafes.

However, Betts Kids which is where I buy B's shoes do offer a loyalty program of a free pair of shoes after you buy 5. I took the card thinking I would not be able to redeem anything as you have to buy all the shoes within a 2 year period and since I only have 1 child I didn't think I would achieve this. I also misplaced the first card (which had 2 purchases on it) and had got another one. In my clearing out of my paperwork I found the first card so when I checked both cards I realised that I qualified for a pair of free shoes. Hooray!! The shoes were $40 and I didn't have to pay anything for them. Score!!

I would love to hear of places you know that offer reward programs that are actually achievable. Any tips on other places I may frequent would be very welcome.

1 comment:

  1. You might be surprised with FlyBuys - you can earn points at Coles, Target, Shell Petrol, Myer, and I assume other Coles/Myer shops. I don't think the points expire so you can earn them over a long period of time. My Mum earned enough to get a lovely Skagen watch and has also used points for accommodation when on holidays. Cassandra :)

    ReplyDelete