Monday, January 21, 2013

Lego Organistion

Wow! It really sounds like I'm on an organising binge at the moment doesn't it?

We have now entered the world of Lego. I gave B some Lego for Christmas and within an hour it looked like this:


and this:


It was doing my head in so I decided that it would work in both our favour if I implemented a useful storage system right from the start before the Lego got out of control. A friend who has 3 (older) boys has worked through this situation over the years so I have totally stolen the storage system which works for her boys. A quick search of Pinterest reveals there are a lot of people that use the same system. I purchased a Trofast shelving system from Ikea and tubs to go with it. At the moment we are storing two/three colours in each tub as B doesn't have much Lego yet and the tubs aren't too full and he can still find what he needs. I will probably need to change this after a while as the collection expands.



Also on Pinterest I found this awesome system for organising the instruction books. Again at the moment we don't need to worry about them as we only have three books. B is only just starting to build from the books a little and instead he just builds from his imagination but I want to keep them nice and organised for when that day comes.

I know it's probably a bit over the top at the moment as he doesn't have too much Lego, however, I hope that by implementing this system from the start that it is second nature when it comes to packing away/finding Lego. I can dream can't I?????

If you have any tips for Lego storage/organisation that has worked for you I wold love to hear it.



1 comment:

  1. Caleb has TONS of legos. Our problem was he never wanted to play with them in the same place. He likes to go somewhere his little brother isn't. We bought a large tackle box for his. He sorts it out however he likes (mostly so he can find all of his special items like people). Then he can carry it to wherever he wants to work. I like the manual book idea. I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete